Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What are you thoughts regarding...

Hi ladies!

As I was reading Week 4, I found myself pondering this question:

What do you do,  or how do you behave, when you know you are somebody else's idol?

I can think of some relationships in the past when I know that someone else had given me idol status in her/his life. If I know this to be true, how should I act in the friendship? The obvious answer to me is to point them back to God as often as possible, but what does that really mean? What does that look like?

I'd love to get some feedback from you all!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I have been so absent with the blog lately. The transition from CR to GA really threw me off this time, but I'm back! :)
    Kristy, I think that sometimes we choose to back away from friendships or relationships where we feel like this. With good intentions, we decide that if we are not as big a part of that person's life, maybe they won't regard us as such a "god" in their lives, but I think this is really harmful to both parties. I think you are exactly right when you said that the best way to handle the situation is to point them back to God, but putting that in practice, I think the best way to point the back to God is to tell them what they are doing. I might not say, "I am your idol" :) for obvious reasons, but I think it is fair to say to the person whether it be a friend or significant other that you feel like they are putting you in a spot that doesn't belong to you and really just say that God needs to hold that place in their life.
    My policy is that if they don't know what they are doing they can't change it, and if we aren't completely straight forward and honest, they will never know.
    I don't know if that helps at all, but I hope that you can find some words of wisdom somewhere in there! :)

    ReplyDelete